01/08/2017

Shintar Goes (Has Gone) Podcasting - Again!

Despite of having been a slightly scary prospect initially, my appearance on Corellian Run Radio earlier in the year was an all-around positive experience and I have to admit that I actually found myself wondering lately whether I might want to repeat it some time.

Life has a way of being uncanny sometimes, and just one day after I'd listened to another episode of the SOTOR podcast and found myself thinking that Ted (the host) would be a nice guy to talk to, I found a message from him in my inbox asking me if I wanted to join him for his next episode. Woohoo!

As Ted is a swift editor, the episode is already available for download two days after we recorded it.
When a guildie asked me what we'd been talking about on the show, I said "everything" - it did feel like we managed to go through a staggering amount of subjects, the most important of which Ted mentioned on the episode page.

On it, he also refers to my pugging videos as a "popular video series", bless him! That's a very... optimistic way of talking about a show that gets about 30 views per episode, haha! Maybe I will gain a few more viewers now after basically getting a free plug on the show.

I can only try to return the favour and strongly advise you to check out the SOTOR podcast if you haven't already. I think it's still one of the lesser known podcasts about the game, probably because it's still relatively young (the one-year anniversary is coming up soon) and Ted mostly runs it as a one-man-show, so there are fewer people to spread the word. I kind of think that makes it all the more impressive though that he's managed to keep churning out updates as regularly as he has, considering that he has no co-hosts to put psychological pressure on him! He just really loves talking about the game. Good thing he's fun to listen to as well.

5 comments :

  1. Oooo.... Another podcast!! You're famous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? XD I mustn't let it get to my head!

      Delete
  2. I am curious as to what your experience will be like pugging 50+ Master Mode FPs. I have been kicked from groups for only wearing 162 gear when I try to explain that I'm bolstered and it's the highest level gear for my level I get kicked before the first trash pull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What server do you play on? I've never seen the people of TRE care much about gear, so I can't say I'm worried.

      Delete
    2. Jedi Covenant. I have been kick a couple of times at the start of the FP for not being 70 I leveled by doing mostly heroics so I had level appropriate blue gear for my level 55 scoundrel healer I prefer the traditional FP trinity to tactical bring what you got.

      Delete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)