24/11/2017

Day 8: Memorable Moments #IntPiPoMo

Want to know what the hashtag is all about? Read all about International Picture Posting Month here. Want to see the full list of themes I'm following while posting screenshots throughout the month? You can find it here.

This day's theme is always interesting because a lot of my memorable moments relate to raiding, so I'm always curious how much else I'll be able to come up with. I didn't do too badly this time I think.


First off, we have this simple moment of encountering a particularly interesting individual on the fleet. I'm not usually in the habit of inspecting other people's achievements, but a guildie had done so and drew attention to the fact that this guy had 100% completion on absolutely everything except Iokath, but that had only just come out a few days ago at the time this happened. I'm still amazed that someone like that even exists, considering how varied and sometimes challenging some of the achievements are. That this person was in a guild called "Not Good Enough" only added a delicious bit of irony.


Here is me mastering my very first ship on Imperial side. This wasn't even that long ago! I just don't play that much GSF, and I've hardly played at all on Imp side. However, Galactic Command has made it really attractive to play the occasional match on a character whose Command level you're trying to increase, especially if GSF is the bonus activity of the day. By now, I'm not far off mastering the rest of the ships in this character's hangar either.


Okay, this is a bad memory, but there's nothing in the rules to say that all the memories have to be nice ones. It does make for a good story though. If you enlarge the screenshot, you'll see that my team ended this match with zero kills, while the highest placed person on the enemy team finished with 99. Yes, you read that correctly, ninety-nine kills for one person in a single match! How did that happen?

Well, somehow we ended up in an incredibly unbalanced Voidstar, pointlessly smashing our heads against the wall during the initial attack round with no chance in hell of getting anywhere. At least when that happens, the second round is usually over really quickly because you get steamrolled on defense too, and the game ends as soon as the enemy breaches the first door. The problem here was that the Imps decided that they didn't actually care about the objective because they were going to win on kills anyway and instead chose to prolong the match as much as possible by completely ignoring the door so they could farm kills instead. The reason I "only" died six times is that once I realised what was happening, I went to hide in a corner instead of throwing myself into the meat grinder over and over again. Stuff like this is why PvPers have a reputation for being jerks.


This is my Sorcerer during KotFE chapter 14 and the reason this moment was memorable to me was that it was the first time I realised how to do the bonus mission in this area properly - only took me five runs or so... The bonus objective in question is to either kill skytroopers or to destroy their assembly line, and I had always felt forced to go with killing the troopers simply because I couldn't figure out how to destroy the assembly line! Turns out the problem was once again that I simply don't look up enough.


This is Shintank, the character I created on Tomb of Freedon Nadd for the Hammer Station Experiment. That was memorable! Now that she got merged into the rest of my legacy I'm actually not sure what to do with her...


Finally, this is me coming out as top damage on my dps Commando in an Ancient Hypergate! This isn't really something to be proud of because I only ended up so high because nobody else hit very high numbers and the enemy let me free-cast a lot. Still, considering I hardly ever even play as dps, that was definitely a result worth screenshotting!

IntPiPoMo count: 62

No comments :

Post a Comment

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)